'Going out on the town' has a new meaning these days. Xilon and I are excited because we plan to take the babes to Target for the first time this afternoon. Yes, silly, I know ... but it is fun to get out of the house with the wee ones! I've learned that a new parent will use almost any excuse for an outing. It's so nice to get fresh air, feel the sunshine, and move around. I imagine that Will and Olivia would say the same thing if they could talk!
Xilon and I just discussed the logistics of this trip. (Logistics are a big deal when you have twins.) He thinks we should each push a cart and snap a car seat in the front of each cart. I think we should bring the double stroller in, and one of us can drive the stroller while the other drives the cart. However we do it, we are looking forward to going out as a foursome.
Speaking of which, while we were feeding Liv and Wills earlier, we told them about all the fun we'll have when we go as a family to the Minnesota State Fair in August. Will says he wants to see the baby pigs and try a corn fritter. Liv wants to ride on Ye Old Mill with her daddy (it's a tunnel of love-type boat ride) and give him a smooch in the dark. I want to introduce the babies all the things I love about the fair. The smells, the sight of a huge crowd of people moving in no particular hurry down a wide street, the animal barns, the Giant Slide, the prize-winning flowers in the Horticulture Building.
We have so many firsts to explore as a family. How lucky are we.

No comments:
Post a Comment