Sunday, April 12, 2009

A very special weekend






It's Sunday evening, and Livie and Wills have fallen into a deep sleep after a wonderful, busy weekend. On Saturday, we gathered to celebrate the babies' baptism. It was a beautiful spring day -- an open-the-windows-and-enjoy-the-breeze-and-chirping-birds kind of day. Xilon and I were so proud of our wee ones. 

Special thanks to Luisa and Marco Luciani, Olivia's godparents, and to Paula and Mike Noess, Will's godparents. And to my mom, for preparing a delicious Italian feast for our dinner!

As I kissed the babies' heads when laying them down to sleep on Saturday night, I could smell the ointment that the pastor had wiped on their foreheads during the baptism. A nice warm scent. I told the babes how happy I am that they could join this loving community!

Today the Easter Bunny (a/k/a Grandma and Grandpa C.) visited Wills and Livie. Their pretty pink and blue basket held stuffed animals, a doll and two giant chocolate bunnies. (I think Daddy is looking forward to sampling the bunnies.) This afternoon the babes wore their Easter finery for a birthday gathering at Tom and Jeani D's house. My cousin Alex turned 21 today ... hard to believe that our little 10-week-olds will ever be so grown up! 

... Yawn! It's time for this mom and dad to head to bed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment