Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Walk this way




Grandma Del and I took the wee ones for their first walkabout a couple of weeks ago. You know, one of those weird Minnesota spring weeks when it goes from snow to 75 degrees in a couple of days. We passed on a snowy-day walk, but couldn't resist getting some fresh air on that lovely warm April day.

I am really, truly not mechanically inclined, so instead of trying to figure out how to attach the extra sun shades I'd brought along for the stroller, I worked with Grandma to devise an on-the-fly shading system using receiving blankets. Given that the system required us to stop and make adjustments several times a minute, I will probably not try to patent it.

Poor Will (in the last photo), forced to wear Livie's hat when Grandma and I felt a tiny chill in the shade. (Protectiveness has its advantages, though: after Will's pacifier landed within spitting distance of some goose poop during our walkabout, it didn't go near his lips again until it had been scrubbed and then boiled in water for 20 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment